******I was contacted by Disney today. New post offers up additional information. Click Here. *******

If your family is anything like mine and you’ve visited the Disney Parks here in Anaheim, you’ve more than likely used the Guest Assistance Card program available at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park.  This program has been a major lifesaver whenever we’ve taken our special needs son Andrew to DL or DCA. Without it, we wouldn’t have lasted more than an hour before having to turn around and head back home in total defeat.

The card has been a game changer for our family and now, much to my chagrin, I’m sorry to report that it’s on it’s way out. I first learned of this disappointing news today, via Aunesty Janssen over at Temporary Tourist.

“Well Disney has done it, they have come up with they think to be a better system for Guests with disabilities.  I say think, because I can spot some immediate issues with it. “

My heart sank as I read the rest of Aunesty’s post. I quickly logged onto MiceAge’s Disneyland Updates to read the news myself and sure enough, there it was:

Guest Assistance Card will cease to exist on October 9th. In its place will be an entirely new program called the Disabled Assistance System (DAS). The DAS will work similarly to the “return passes” issued at popular rides like Star Tours 2.0 and Radiator Springs Racers, where currently a GAC holder gets a Fastpass-style return time hand written on a card based on the current Standby wait time. But with DAS, that concept will be rolled out to several dozen high-wait attractions in Anaheim.

“Instead of going to the actual ride to get a return card, a DAS holder will report to one of several Guest Relations kiosks that will be set up around the parks, with a current plan to have four kiosks in Disneyland (Fantasyland alone gets their own kiosk) and three kiosks in DCA. The DAS holder will present their card and tell the Guest Relations CM which attraction they want to ride, the CM will look at the current wait time via the official Disney Mobile Magic app on an iPad, and will then write out a return time for that attraction and subtract 10 or 15 minutes to make up for the travel time to and from the kiosk.

Only one ride reservation on a DAS card can be made at a time, so if the current wait for Space Mountain is 90 minutes and your return time is written for 75 minutes later, a DAS holder will not get another return time printed on their DAS until the first one has expired. A person with a DAS card could go and do anything else in the park in the meantime; watch a parade, see a show, have lunch, go on low-wait time attractions, pull a regular Fastpass for any other attraction, etc. But only one ride time can be reserved at a time with DAS, unlike the existing GAC which serves as basically an open Fastpass for any Fastpass lane in the park or an access card to go up the exit on any other type of attraction. The DAS changes that quite dramatically.”

To read the rest of the post, go to MiceAge, though I must warn you, the information just gets more depressing and complicated from here.

In the meantime, let me count the ways that this new system won’t work for our family:

This is as good as it gets in line at DL or DCA. And this was a good day, with a Guest Assistance Pass.

1. Andrew has autism. His particular brand of the diagnosis means he has zero tolerance for waiting. Crowds overwhelm him as do certain sights and sounds. The DAS program does nothing to address these needs. Are we working on waiting with Andrew in therapy? Sure. We’re up to about 10 seconds on a good day. And that’s waiting for something simple, such as watching a favorite video. At home. I cannot fathom Andrew having to wait longer than what’s already necessary with the Guest Assistance Card at either of the Disney parks. And the sensory overload while he’s in these lines or going from kiosk to kiosk. Dear God.

2. Andrew is severely cognitively delayed. When he sees Radiator Springs Racers, all he knows is “OMG! MY FAVORITE RIDE! OMG! OMG! OMG LET’S GO ON MY FAVORITE RIDE, WAIT WHY  AREN’T WE GOING ON MY FAVORITE RIDE?!!!!” He does not understand the concept of having to check in at a designated kiosk in order to get a designated time to return to his favorite ride on the planet, only to have to go back to another kiosk for another designated time for either the same or different ride. He certainly can’t comprehend why in the world we’ll have to spend the majority of our day walking between a bunch of stupid koisks just to get on a damn ride (can you see how well I’m taking this?).

3. Going to Disneyland is expensive. Over the years we’ve invested in the annual passes because we could justify them, knowing we were getting our money’s worth. The Guest Assistance Card made our visits possible. It was an accommodation we never took for granted and in exchange, we spent our hard-earned money at the parks. The Guest Assistant Card almost guaranteed that meltdowns would be minimal and rarely did we leave the park in turmoil. It was efficient and it made the rides accessible for our child in a way  the Disabled Assistance Pass will not. I’m not trying to #$%& on anyone’s parade here, but watching the parades may be the only thing we’ll be able to do when this thing is implemented. Which means we just won’t be going to Disneyland anymore. We could barely afford it before but now it won’t even be worth the scrimping and saving we have to do to walk through those entrance gates.

Listen, I’m not refuting that there are a lot of problems with the current system. I was enraged back in May when major media outlets broke the story of wealthy moms hiring disabled guides in order to benefit from the “perks” of the Guest Assistance Pass. Overhaul of the current program is necessary if such blatant and rampant fraud is ongoing. But I’m getting really tired of these rotten apples ruining it for the rest of us, especially when it comes to something as important as accessibility.

Maybe the Disabled Assistance Pass will benefit some people, and for them, I say hooray. But for families like mine, where the special needs of our loved ones are varied and require specific accommodations, this new system will be nothing short of a nightmare.

And that’s going to leave a whole lot of folks – myself included – pretty damn grumpy with The Happiest Place on Earth.

Andrew kisses the tractor at Radiator Springs in DCA.

Andrew kisses the tractor at Radiator Springs in DCA.

Interview with CBS Los Angeles:

UPDATE: There’s a gazillion conflicting reports on the internet so I want to go on record and say this: This post was written as a reaction and response to information I received from two different sources, both of which I link to in the beginning of this post. I WANT to be wrong. My family LOVES Disneyland. The reason I’m upset at these proposed changes is because if they are in fact going to be implemented, my family will no longer be able to enjoy the Disney parks like we have been over the years. If this turns out to be a crazy rumor, or if there is a new policy put in place that takes families like mine into consideration, I’ll be more than happy to eat crow. The end.

UPDATE: Aunesty Janssen of the Temporary Tourist, received an official statement from Disney today and she’s posted it on her site. Head over to see what Kathleen Prihoda, Manager for External Communications for Walt Disney World Resort told her. It’s at the bottom of her post.

***Click here to sign the petition!***

Comments

comments

Comments

1. Megan theodorou says:

Can we protest? Sign a petition? Beg?? This is truly heartbreaking, as I have 2 boys on the autism spectrum and we will never be able to go to Dland again.

2. Well, we were putting together plans to go to Disney with our sons, but that kiosk system wont work for us, either. I was totally excited, as I have never been to Disney, but if that’s going to be their “solution”, we simply can’t go.

3. Because getting stared at while using the GAC wasn’t enough now we’re to be put on display throughout the park?

4. Maybe we can all converge on Disney with our autistic kiddos and show them just what will happen when they go through the regular lines. My son is 6’3 and over 250 pounds. When he tantrums because the regular line turns away from the que it isn’t a pretty sight. I’m thinking they will have a lot of complaints from typical guests if that happens.

• So, perhaps the right move is to kick him out of the park.

Disneyland isn’t a ‘right’. If your kid can’t handle it, don’t take him.

5. Holly Peterson says:

This will effectively end Disney trips for us, the one place I could count on for a good trip. What people don’t understand is how people who are disabled like my son travel at Disney. It’s not like he can stay all day. The GAC allowed him to be able to ride rides and then leave the park for a nap if he needed, or to just chill out. It’s not like he can go from 8 am to 10pm everyday. This breaks my heart.

6. Rachel Darling says:

Thank you for writing this. My daughter is also on the spectrum and since I read this yesterday I have been so upset and disappointed and thinking that our trips to Disney will come to an end.

7. I know this will not be the popular opinion but i think it is a pretty fair solution. All parents of toddlers would love to skip lines bc their childr dont under the concept of waiting and avoid melt downs and more than 80 hours ho into my planning of ways to find shorter line or we have to skip rides bc the lines are too long . Obviously concessions should be made for special need children but with the abuse going on,i think it is a fair compromise

• You cannot compare a toddler to a child with autism! It is not like we can wait until our child is older and can understand waiting and then make our trip to Disney. Most of our children cant wait no matter how old they are. Please get a clue before you make a comment like that!

• No, you get a clue. The rest of us don’t have to wait longer so you and your family can cut through the lines. It’s just unfair, and it’s a bit despicable that you expect this as ‘normal’. A disability doesn’t mean you get privileged treatment.

• Toddlers are not the same as a child with special needs. Other parents understand when your 2-3 yr old has a meltdown in line. They don’t understand at all when it’s your 13 (or older) yr old that’s having the meltdown. Our family has been able to enjoy several big name parks because of the shorter wait times offered. I understand that there are people out there that abuse the system but it’s not fair for those of us who have a real reason. I guess we will just stay home

• Everyone would enjoy big name parks if we got to skip lines. Just because your kid throws tantrums, it doesn’t mean you get such privileges. I applaud disneyland.

• A 25 pound toddler having a meltdown because they are tired and need a nap is not the same as a 6’3, 250 pound non verbal 17 year old having a meltdown because he can’t understand why the line turns away from the attraction. If my son was a perfectly normal toddler I’d wait in the longest line in Disney meltdown or not. Unlike the toddler he won’t outgrow them. One if the only activities my son enjoys is Disney.

8. Alice Platis says:

Disney please rethink this!! If you want to see our children fine..we will show you our children with a note from their doctors ..you will know who is lying..but please let us continue to bring our children to Disney without the pass it is not possible..we go every year so not only do we love disney but you will be losing many customers ..please reconsider as its so magical for soapy kids with autism!!!!

• lisa castellanos says:

I agree. I will gladely show medical proof It is so frustrating when you see people clearly taking advantage. Our kids have it tough enough

9. This truly breaks my heart. But I have to admit that I wondered how long Disney would be able to let the fraud continue. We just took my son for his 5th birthday. He’s in a wheelchair and has severe CP. it was an amazing experience. But I noticed how many people were in the handicap accessible waiting area that WERE NOT disabled. Grandpa with his 18 grandchildren. People who rented wheelchairs at the front gate were now disabled. It was sickening. Despite that, I was grateful for the accommodation. But scared that if I could see the fraud occurring plain as day, surely Disney could. It was only a matter of time.

But what can we do to fight this? I am so heartbroken for the children that will not get to experience the magic.

10. Rebecca Bourla says:

I wonder how they come up with this “solution” Did they ask families with children with special needs? I highly doubt it.

• They don’t have to ask such families. You all say the same thing – let us cut in line. “No” is the correct answer. This upsets the rest of us who have to wait.

11. Oh, this is such a bad idea. But they will find that out soon enough, either by a great number of protests or a decrease in attendance numbers…which, lets be honest, may have been their intention all along. This is very discouraging.

• It’s not discouraging to the rest of us who have to wait in those lines. We’re tired of families cutting through the line because one child can’t handle the sun, or the wait. We’re just tired of it.

12. Michelle Hill says:

I have a suggestion for those with differently abled kiddos who will have a hard time with the new GACs: try a Disney cruise! You can take things at your families pace and there are some wonderful shore excursions that work well for our special families! It’s Disney and more! Food is included and if it is not a good time to visit a restaurant you can get room service free! My daughter loves her character experiences and there are terrific shows and things like a dolphin swim! We love both the parks and the ships, but I believe we will be doing the ships because the new cards are not on my daughters time frame and that is the most important thing!

• Cruises are not an option since it includes flying, plus we are very limited to what we can do on a cruise, shore excursions, etc. Well after our horrible experience flying for her MAW trip, I don’t think flying is in our near future. But a good idea.

• lisa castellanos says:

A disney cruise is not realistic for everyone. My son has Ds. We have an annual pass and make monthly payments. We sacri
      fice to afford that payment because Disneyland brings him so much joy. It is his form of entertainment all year. We only go for a few hours at a time. That is all he can handle. he does not talk, does not walk yet. But when he is at dland he is the happiest little boy ever. he lights up with joy. We have been in line and heard people talk about how they just went to guest assistance and said they needed the guest assistance card and were able to get it. Laughing about it. For a parent with a child with SN it his heartbreaking that because of people who lie to work the system our children have to suffer

• a cruise? for a child who is terrified of being wet (when it rains my kid is done up like the little boy in a bubble-poncho wellies & a stroller cover AND a clear plastic poncho must cover all of the stroller so his feet/legs dont get wet) I cannot imagine the sensory nightmare a cruise would bring about…can you imagine seasick with a kid on th spectrum with severe sensory issues?

13. Jeannine Meech says:

And what about the fact that 90 minutes from now my child might be seizing, puking, or otherwise indisposed? We don’t know how he is going to be minute to minute let alone hour to hour. We need to be able to say “hey, you know what? We are doing excellent right now, let’s grab a ride”. Not waste time in the kiosk waiting to get our golden ticket only to have to wait 90 minutes for the ride and have my child crash with 5 minutes left to the wait. Thanks a lot. I am peeved

• I can’t tell you the number of times I thought, oh we can go on this ride as she is doing great, but then 10 minutes later in line, it was not a good time. We need to do things on our own time, not what a piece of paper says. I would rather wait a few minutes when I know the time is right than try to make the time right that they give you. I think I will be rethinking our visit there next month. :(

• Perhaps your kid doesn’t belong in an amusement park. If he’s puking because he has to wait 30 minutes, then don’t bring him to such places. The rest of us would prefer it.

14. One thing they are doing – for annual pass holders, is coming out with Magic Plus, where you can get your fast pass scheduled before you go to the park. It is a limited piece, and it is only for annual pass holders. So there are other things they are developing. My wife suggested showing proof of diagnosis, but that won’t stop what the jerks in NY did. And making them wait via the kiosks, does. Unfortunately it is tossing the baby out with the bathwater. As well, if something is published in public, it is going to be abused. Our son is on the spectrum, fortunately we can get him through some of the lines (unlike others). We have been surprised when we go the way the cast members help when they see us coming, Even if we don’t have the current DAS (our son wears AFO’s and we have discovered that he does better in a wheel chair since he can’t stand or walk around for too long). I also think that yes, if we talk to our local Autism Organizations, and voice things through groups like Autism Speaks that our voices will be heard. This is a company that prides itself on customer service. They just need to know our concerns.

15. Ridiculous! Clearly the happy people at Disney have never had the unhappy experience of trying to take an Asperger’s child to a place designed to overstimulate neurotypical kids. This breaks my heart as we will be crossing off Disney as a place we can take our kiddo. It’s just too expensive because those of us with special needs kids know their new system isn’t going to cut it!

• Actually, some of the cast members are very aware of the struggles. Sadly, the ones who KNOW aren’t the ones holding the purse strings. The ones holding the purse strings are looking at people like those Moms from NY.
      As my husband, Steve, pointed out .. we’ve been amazed at the level of customer service we’ve received at WDW and DCL. They truly do go above and beyond as much as they possibly can. I’m thankful that our son is high functioning and able to be mostly reasoned with. When he hits his limit though, we choose a favorite restaurant and attempt to find a relatively “quiet” area to relax.
      Disney really does care. They just need our voices to help them understand what we need.

16. Their are few opportunities for special needs children to truly feel that they have something where they are better than their peers. It is sad but true! Disney always managed to be that place for Robbie and we visited 2-4 times per year because of this. We stayed in their hotels, bought food in their restaurants, bought hundreds of trading pins, and purchased a small fortune in toys and other memorabilia. Sadly without this system the magic will no longer be there for this family! They need to rethink this change

• Disney was one place we could go to that my daughter truly loves going to!! None of the other parks, many places she just doesn’t enjoy. This is so disappointing.

• So well said Kim Long!!! Since 2003, we have gone to WDW at least once, usually twice and occasionally 3+ times per year. Why? Because they treated our Daughter as someone of worth… someone better… someone who mattered… like the Princess she is!!! We are annual pass holders, DVC members, and I lost track of the money we have contributed to Disney, well let’s just say it’s unfathomable… The place held a magic for our family that is indescribable, and yet Tolerable only because of the GAC!!!! Can only imagine that WDW will implement something similar in the not too distant future, though I cannot imagine why they would PUNISH the families that need and support them most in such a fashion :( Shame on Disney for “casting” a negative light on those people they could still be making a STAR!!!

• Here’s a clue – there is no magic, and your daughter isn’t a princess. And, they’re not punishing any family. In fact, they’re equalizing things. No one should be able to cut in line like that…it infuriates the good people who do wait.

17. Phil Rosenkrantz says:

I have my doubts about the new system, but as a 24 yr passport holder with my Down syndrome daughter I believe the the situation is motivated by abuse of the system by people who did not have legitimate disabilities. I believe there are other major reasons , but would bet that is the main reason.

18. this really stinks!! my daughter loves Disneyland, and we’ve been going yearly, sometimes twice a year for many years. the pass before wasn’t the greatest for her as we still had issues, but we made it work, barely. its bad enough that we are very limited to the number of rides we can go on (only about 6), this is just going to limit even more because of all the walking and time to kiosk. so this means we will have to go on one ride, get off and go find a kiosk to go on the ride that was right next to the one we got off. my daughter does not handle lines, crowds as well, nor does she understand any of this, but loves to go on the rides and see characters. so they say we can go to a parade, have lunch, etc, etc in-between rides.. well that doesn’t work either. we do a parade when we arrive because she doesn’t like doing it in the middle of our journey there which means sometimes we get in the park later in the day. basically we do one section at a time, so we can’t be running all over the place. is there a place we can write to, to fight this? i wish people would stop ruining things for those that really do need the service!!

19. Wow this is so tragic! The only way we were able to take our daughter to Disney was by using the card. My daughter has a feeding tube and autism as well as other medical problems. I was planning to take my whole family to Disneyland at the end of October! Looks like we are going to legoland instead! They have a fabulous disability program!!

• Think about what you’re saying. Your whole family should get to cut in line because 1 person isn’t able to handle the wait time? This is exactly what’s wrong with these preferential treatment options. It infuriates the rest of us.

20. Dorothea Daniels says:

So sad and mad to hear that people have to take advantage of the system that was put into place for those who really need it. Disney was on our list of things we wanted to do next spring when we visit family in LA. We have two children with Autism, that card made our first visit to Disney World possible. We’ll have to take Disney land off our plans for that trip.

21. My brother has autism. He has his quirks but it does not disable him in any way. I think the excuses people give to try and label their children as disabled and keep them from functioning is horrible. I’m sorry this kid has no ability to function in a social environment but how should that be the responsibility of others to accommodate. If your child can walk and keep from causing harm to others or making a major issue just being in public then they are not handicapped and should not be given concessions at a park that you voluntarily paid to attend. It’s your responsibility and not others to contain you child’s behavior and using a low level neurological condition as an excuse makes you a bad parent.

• Tran:Your response was very rude other parents with children with autism. Children react differently and not everyone can be “taught” how to handle social situations. Being able to go to Disney and relax with your child see them having fun and not having a meltdown was for me some of the only enjoyment we got as a family.

22. wearyphilospher says:

Our family of 5 enjoyed 2 trips to Disney from Canada. One in 2009 DL & one in 2012 DW. I have an auto-immune disease (like MS), disabling osteoarthritis and chronic fatigue among other things. At 39 I look VERY healthy outside but inside I can not tolerate long days, crowds in lines, waits or walking/standing any distance. We rented a scooter for the times I was at the park (could not go all day with them) and I DID receive many disturbing glares from people thinking we were cheating the system especially when I got out of the chair to walk to a seat. If the guest passes were not available, our family would not have been able to make those 2 expensive trips to Disney. As you all know that families will a disabled member are so limited in what they can do together. We already miss out on so much. This decision of Disney is VERY disturbing as an adult I actually understand what THAT person is going through. The present system was even hard already. It would be impossible for people like me to abide by Disney. If you can do what they will ask for a disabled person, then that person probably wasn’t disabled enough. Can they not get a signed document from a doctor for passes perhaps? There has to be a better way. On a side note, Disney World has more wheelchair accessible ramps for rides and I was not allowed the guest pass which meant I had to wait the same time as everyone else. I simply could not wait 60 minutes and my family had to miss a lot of attractions which we found very disappointing considering how much money and travel by air to get there.

23. I am honestly reading this in disbelief. This is not the Disney company we know and love. Maybe this is a lower level accommodation for those who do not need more? I had not heard about the fraud in May, but it would be fairly easy to lifetime ban offenders. I have had ample opportunity to work with Disney both in park and by phone for some of our trips and they truly bent over backwards – continually exceeding my expectations. Disney has never been about one size fits all. We need to ask questions and remind them of our love for their special kind of magic in the event they have overlooked some of their favorite guests with changes. They would never leave it that way. I am currently a full-time student, so our budget is truly unable to accommodate a vacation, but when I graduate – there will be an “I’m going to Disneyland!” in my best Superbowl winner voice. I know Disney will make it worth the wait and the scrimping and saving.

• How can you tell who the offenders are? There is no clear way. And Disney can’t ask for proof or paperwork (it’s against the law). The bottom line – too many people cutting is just infuriating to the rest of the patrons.

24. This is a downright tragedy. I have a 5 year old with autism who is exactly like you described. We were able to visit Disneyworld this year and it was the best 3 days our family has ever had. At the end of the first day I looked at my husband and said “today was the first day I have EVER felt like we were just a normal family” and I meant that 100%. I will do whatever it takes to fight this. I am writing a letter right now. Please organize something so we can fight this as a group.

• What’s normal about getting to cut in line ? You don’t want “normal”…you want preferential, and it infuriates the rest of us.

25. Jo – I saw this on a friend’s facebook and I am in disbelief! We are thankful that we have never needed this program, and we have children who are able to wait. That being said, I believe this “new and improved” program is a huge mistake. I wish that these corporate execs would actually do testing with special needs children to see what might actually work. I hope they realize what a mistake this is and go back to the old system for the parents, or possibly even ask parents of special needs children (all types!) to see what might their park experience wonderful!

If you find some type of petition to sign or a letter I could write, please let me know!

26. I am not surprised that Disney would screw something up like this. After all, when families with very young children, who asked that gay couples would act respectfully in a *family* park, you know, stop sucking face and groping each other (something that any couple with tact and maturity would save for private time), the children and their families were escorted out of the park, no refund, no apologies, because apparently Disney encourages such behavior, esp for gays bc it’s okay for them to scream “intolerance, hater, discrimination!!” since we all have to have their beliefs rammed down our throats yet it’s wrong of us to have our own morals and our own beliefs, they don’t have to be tolerant or accepting of anyone else’s views, and that’s ok with Disney. So even if I *could* afford to take my kids on a cross country trip to attend the park, I’d choose anywhere but Disney as a destination. I don’t think it’s cool for anyone gay or straight to carry on with sex acts or close to it in public, I damn sure am not taking my children to a park that supports people all but stripping and going at it in the middle of their main route through the park, then kicks anyone out that complains about it. So Disney, I will happily spend my money at Idlewild, Kennywood, Sand Castle, and anywhere else that isn’t your property.

• @Missy: There is no law that bans gay couples (or straight ones, for that matter) from kissing in public at Disneyworld (or anyplace else for that matter), thus it is unreasonable to expect the Disney cast members to crack down on LEGALLY PERMITTED displays of public affection just because you are bigoted enough to think it is icky.

The ADA guarantees access to for people with disabilities at Disney (and everywhere else) — the ADA does not guarantee the PRIVILEGE, the PERK of not having to wait in lines at a theme park.

(As an aside, if you complained to Disney staff about, say, an interracial couple holding hands because you felt it was gross and yelled vile epithets at them you’d deserve to be kicked out. Ditto for pulling the same stunt on a gay couple).

27. This is uncalled for!! My daughter loves to go and we save her birthday Christmas money every year. We planned on going this Dec. to celebrate her 21st Birthday. We went last year for her birthday and had a hard time with the pass as well. I remember her being younger and having a full blown melt down, dropping to the ground and going after other people, because of the long line in the disabled entrance for Alice in Wonderland. If they call of the Assisted pass, and one of our kids injurers another young kid, who do they sue? US?

I say we write into one of the news channels and get help to get this publicized. Or better yet get a group together to sue Disneyland. I know several great attorneys, what do you all think.
    If it wasn’t for the people wearing fake braces and renting wheel chairs when not needed just to get to the front of the line, this may not have happened. To many people have abused the system and now our kids are paying for it.

What a shame.

28. Once again Disney simply does not care about children with disabilities. I have a 17 year old son that is Spastic Quadriplegic Cerebral Palsy I am a pass holder and have been for 4 years, I most likely won’t renew our passes. I had an incident back in June and I was told by a Disney worker that I had to wait in line just like everyone else because the lines are ADA approved. When I tried to explain my son could not stand in the long line with the sun beating down on him due to sensitivity from the sun he will get a bleeding nose and can not breathe when this happens all they said was, “I don’t know what to say”. I’ve had parents with small children lunge at my son and with my son’s spasticity, he startled and almost hit the kid, nothing happened to the kid he just got terrified with my sons motion, the parents were really upset at me and said I should keep my son at home. Obviously, when I went to complain about the situation over at City Hall I was told they were very sorry, sorry doesn’t help when your child hears people making comments about them, our children have feelings and understand what is going on. My son is trapped in a body that is wheelchair bound and he is non verbal. Oh, how much he would love to just get on rides without my assistance, just to see him get on the roller coaster rides would be so wonderful, but, unfortunately he will never be able to he is very limited to rides. The whole reason for us getting the passes were because Disney was the only company that seemed to understand the need to have a park that would accommodate our children. Things are being taken away from our kids because of ignorant people that abuse a system dedicated for those with actual disabilities and who care less about the ones who really have a disability. As I have stood in many lines I could hear people calling friends or family members laughing and saying the wait time was not as bad as the lines the family members were standing. I get why they can not ask for a Doctors note because of HIPAA but, for Pete’s sake have some common sense, it is evident our children do have the disability. What disappoints me is that society has no heart for our children, in their eyes it is, oh well life goes on. DISNEY I urge you…No, I CHALLENGE you to Come up with some other kind of method to make things better for our kids. Disney open your heart and help our children. I will be going to Disney in the next few days to take advantage of my pass before expiration in February, after that and if they don’t find a way to better this situation, they will lose my business. Maybe this is what they want, our children with disabilities may be a liability.

29. So….after I push my multiply disabled, heat intolerant child’s wheelchair to the kiosk, around the park for an hour or two wait, back to the ride, we then have to tromp back to the disabled kiosk and stand in line for a pass to do it again? This has got to be a joke! It will actually be harder for individuals with disabilities to ride, especially considering many of the attractions can’t even fit a wheelchair through the regular cue!

30. I don’t have a solution. I wish I did. The extent of the corruption that wealthy parents have apparently abused to the point the Disney is forced to change their practices for special needs children & people, must be remarkably alarming.

I don’t know what is worse: allowing the rampant abuse to go on or putting restraints in place that make it much harder for it to go on (impinging on those it was meant to help.)

I am not an apologist for corporate America, but what can realistically be done to remedy the situation? I challenge the critics to offer up viable solutions that will meaningfully curb abuse and also accommodate those with legitimate needs.

31. DISNEYLAND clearly did not give this any thought or careful comsideration. When my daughter with autism was 12 we took her to Disneyland! She loved it!! We had a special pass we carried so she did not have to wait in lines. She could wait. Chiksren with autusm can have tantrums and behavior issues which would surely frighten small children in line. And the mean parents yelling at parents to control their children is awful. Why would Disneyland take this special pass away? Seems like Disneyland could require more paperwork to prove disability. Or just offer a buddy pass instead of one for the whole family!! I would hate to exclude any child with a disability! And the booth thingy is STUPID!!

32. Can you imagine hat he lines at these kiosks are going to be like? I waited for 20 minutes in a line jut to get my return time for radiator spring racers!

33. I know this is post will be unpopular but a trip to Disney is a privilege, not a right. Yes, the no line service has been great for kids with special needs, but as a private company Disney has absolutely no requirement to provide said service. I think we all know that, sadly, Disney will continue to thrive without the support of special needs families. Perhaps an approach that steers away from “our kids need this” would be better received. I wish I had a great idea on how to make it work better but someone out there has to have a better argument for Disney to consider continuing better services for our kids than the ones being presented in most of the comments here.

34. karen watson says:

Change.org is a good place to start a petition about this issue. Maybe if enough people sign it, and it is presented to Disney, they might take our concerns about this seriously. My son is ASD and we’re in Florida so I would guess that Disney World will follow. Then probably the other theme parks around us too. One way I’ll look at it is if we go again and my son has a meltdown in line or elsewhere because of this problem, I’ll direct the others complaining about him\it to the employees to explain about their new policy. Maybe if enough people complain…

35. Eric Blackburn says:

I can understand Disney’s need to make changes, but this new DAS is not the answer. YES there definetly needs to be more oversight to prevent those that abuse this system (perhaps medical documents, doctor prescriptions).

The problem I see is a child with special needs is not going to understand time frames and constraints, they won’t understand having to go back and fourth to a kiosk (which I’m curious how long that line will be), and they won’t be able to focus on the task with all the distractions in between. Disney isn’t helping ease the situation, but rather creating new obstacles for these families.

Now I’m new to all this — but my first experience what I would face was a trip to the zoo with my girlfriend and her special needs son. Right through the entree nice it started. He locked himself in a bathroom for 45 minutes because of his uncomfortable (there goes the time frame). After finally talking him out we still weren’t sure if things would go smooth, or if we’d have to turn around and go home. Needless to say with the price of Disney parks, and the amount of travel time — with this new policy I’d just assume save the stress and money for multiple visits to the local kids museum.

36. This absolutely solidified my decision to NEVER return to Disney. We were treated TERRIBLE the last time we went there about 4 years ago and my son was in a wheel chair. We were discriminated against, I had to fight for a pass, we were kicked off the bus system because we took up too much room on the buses and they told us to get off for other passengers and to wait for the next bus. We were often times not given front access and some times not allowed on rides. It was ridiculous. As a family we now have 3 disabled in our family – I do not know how we would ever make it to a place that does not give people with disabilities needed access. We were thinking about doing a Disney cruise next year and going to Florida for Disney World…but this business decision just took us out of anything Disney! We will be spending our money on other establishments that will be more inviting and accommodating! It’s not worth the time, money, or energy to go to a place like this! Look out Sea world and Six Flags!!

37. DISNEY GUEST ASSISTANCE CARD

“This card will alert our Cast Members to provide the assistance you have requested where applicable. It is NOT intended to provide immediate access. ”

“Some attractions have alternate entrances for Guests with disabilities. These are intended to offer Guests using wheelchairs or with service animals a more convenient entrance to the attraction. Alternate entrances are NOT intended to provide immediate access. Guests with disabilities and up to five members of their party may enter through these entrances. For operational considerations, additional party members are required to use the standard queue.

At attractions offering Disney’s FASTPASS service, Guests should obtain a Disney’s FASTPASS return ticket.”

-SOME (not all) attractions have alternate entrances for Guests with disabilities.
    -Alternate entrances are not intended to provide immediate access.
    HERE’S THE BIG ONE
    -AT ATTRACTIONS OFFERING DISNEY’S FASTPASS SERVICE, GUESTS SHOULD OBTAIN A DISNEY’S FASTPASS RETURN TICKET.

If you are using the Guest Assistance Card (GAC) in any fashion than the above listed guidelines, you are misusing GAC. If you are using GAC for any other reason than the above listed intentions, you are abusing the system. If you believe GAC is intended for any reason than the above, clearly laid out guidelines, you have taken it upon yourself to fabricate those intentions.

I suggest obtaining a FASTPASS.

• Fast passes do not work for my son as the lines still turn away from the the entrance which causes a meltdown. By entering thru the alternate entrances or exits he can see that we are going to get on the ride.

38. Disney should have VIP cards for the disabled and should strictly limit how many can use the card:

1. One disabled adult + one caregiver, or spouse.
    2. One disabled child + one caregiver, or parent.

Plus a doctor’s note stating the disability or disabilities. Letting six people cut the line because one person in the group is disabled is what is causing most of the problems, in my opinion. Disney needs dedicated handicapped entrances to all the rides and attractions, as well.

I’m wheelchair-bound with several disabilities and chronic health problems. The last time I went to Disneyland (in 2009) all my caregiver and I were able to do in 10-12 hours was walk down Main St., eat lunch in New Orleans Square, ride The Haunted Mansion, ride the Mark Twain (by then it was already dusk and I had to buy a hoodie because I was freezing), ride It’s a Small World, “ride” the Submarine ride in the accessibility room, and walk back up Main St.. The three transfers in and out of my chair were exhausting, and took a lot of time, as did the wait for help in the Haunted Mansion, where they had a trashcan blocking most of the entry to the doombuggies that we had to struggle to get my chair by twice. We also had to wait 10 or 15 minutes for a CM to take us back up the stretching room and outside to freedom.

Overcrowding is an issue. It shouldn’t take 30 minutes to walk up Main St. But people stop and block sidewalks, cut into your path and seem totally oblivious to people in wheelchairs. One guy walked right in front of us and got hit in the back of his ankle by a footrest on my chair… He turned and glared at me, as if it was my fault! Anyway, Disney needs to stop overcrowding the park by setting a lower attendance limit.

Probably none of you will agree with any of this, but this is how I feel. I’ve stayed away for 4 years now because of the cost and limited “bang for my buck” I know I’ll get.

39. I think who ever changed this system should have to spend the afternoon with our kids doing the new way to see how well it works!!! Lets show them what a neltdown looks like!!!

40. Do you understand why they did this? They did this to attempt to put more rigor around the current system, not to attack families with disabilities. The main issue is that people were abusing the current system. People were abusing the passes, so Disney is trying to do other things to deter them. In some cases people were actually selling the use of the passes to others to circumvent lines. These people were marketing themselves as tour guides that could cut lines, so that perfectly healthy people could cut lines.

The real problem is those people that abuse the system…..any system…..

What Disney needs is suggestions on changing the current program, not resistance as they try to resolve abuses to the current system. So…offer them suggestions….

41. When I read this I was upset. As a parent of a teenager with autism it is difficult enough to navigate planning a trip . My son loves and is obsessed with Disney. Why do people always are trying to make things better. How is this the case for Disney. We have applauded Disney and sang their praises iif this rule goes through , no more!!!

42. I agree this change is bad news for families with disabilities, but given the level of abuse with GAC cards this should not be surprising. Don’t be angry at Disney, be angry at the people who abused the system and ruined it for the people who needed it.

43. paula zamudio says:

this surely will not be the answer. If you have to wait in lines to get the tickets then walk back to the ride, how is that helpful. Maybe they should hire more people at the rides to check in the people using it. One more thing our folks will not want to go to.

44. I honestly haven’t got a problem with this. The company is just trying to be fair, placing families with children who have disabilities, above other paying customers doesn’t really make any sense, like you make all out to be a better idea.

If Disney were such crooks they wouldn’t have thought of this idea in the first place, and you’d be waiting 90 mins in line like everyone else, or you wouldn’t have even paid to enter.

Becoming flummoxed and tempestuous about this is just silly.

Lashing out with snide remarks and witty comments, doesn’t really make this whole situation your in look any better from your end either.

As a person with disabilities I feel embarrassed reading some these comments. Life isn’t always fair, but I don’t let that me hinder me in what I want to do, I still get up and see what else is new.

• Disney can’t ask for proof of disability — it’s illegal as per HIPPA and ADA. Go write a letter to your state representative.

45. I am not a SN mom, (well, I am, but not one that would need special accommodations at Disney…) but it seems to me that the easy way for Disney to fix the abuse is to require a doctor’s certification for a SN pass (similar to what one would to to get a handicapped license plate) that would have info about what accommodations are needed for that person. (Because as we have seen different people have different needs) And require that all people that would be able to accompany the SNs person be related to them either biologically or legally (ie adoption or foster care) and this has to be documented before the trip or purchasing an annual pass. Yes, it would be a PITB on the front end to get the documentation, but if this is a once in a lifetime trip or for an entire year, it doesn’t seem like it would be that big of a deal. And it seems like it would take care of the rich moms hiring SN guides because they wouldn’t be related to them. JMHO. I really hope you folks get a good solution from Disney. This is so wrong.

• Katie, I would be more than happy to go through an application process, providing documents, dr notes, etc in order to get a SN pass for Disney so my daughter can continue to enjoy Disneyland.. I think you are more than right as this would help decrease the fraud issue. I think that for the ones that will always have their condition, providing confirmation from drs, I think it should be a lifelong pass, one time ordeal, but let Disney make that decision.

46. rita rebello says:

what they need to do is to just stop giving passes to a person with a sore leg who can’t wait in line but can walk all over the park and make the passes they have now for persons with life long disabilities and not give them every person with a minor ailment!

47. We have recently returned from Florida with our son who has Autism he is 12. Universal Studios implement this system that Disney will be bringing out, it was an absolute nightmare. I was also very angry as although some of the rides said 60 minute wait, I noted others had ridden it within 35 minutes, so he was having to wait even longer. It was awful, he would just sit outside the ride saying over and over again, “why can’t I ride”, by the time we got on the ride he was too upset to enjoy it.

• It’s just not fair that you think you can skip lines because your kid can’t/won’t handle it. The other parents shouldn’t have to tolerate this type of behavior. Many people have kids who are difficult to deal with in crowds/lines/etc. Parent. That’s the answer. You parent. Just because your kid has a disability, it doesn’t mean you get to break all the rules.

• Oh yes sorry, I must apologise, those darn parents of children in wheelchairs fancy not teaching their children to walk, and parents of the blind fancy not teaching them to see and don’t get me started on deaf children ……… Don’t ever question my parenting ability, you have no idea the lengths I go to to parent a child with Autism. I parent a child with a disability and a typically developing child and there is no comparison. I don’t need to draw a social story, or take pictures first of our intended destination, or stick and paste symbols on cards just to communicate with my typically developing child. Unless you parent a child with a disability you have absolutely no idea. Read my post before you comment I never stated I should “skip lines” or “break rules”. You absolute bigot, you clearly have no idea about disability law, go out and get yourself an education.

• Jo Ashline says:

Well said Maxine! The bigotry and ignorance is unreal! Thanks for replying to someone who clearly has a lot to learn about our community!

48. I know universal studios in Orlando tried something similar a few years back and sadly it did not work. it was less than a year before they switched back. People with disability’s or people with disabled children would get there tickets, get in the park find out about this system and then leave and demand there ticket refunded because they could not do anything in the park. Sometimes the family would get the refund some would not. It saddens me to hear Disney is going to do this. . Waiting is HELL on those of us who are not disabled but for those who are I cant even begin to think how bad waiting is for them. It is so much fun and rewarding to see the face of someone with a disability forget about ever and just have pure fun. I feel they are robing people with ticket pricing and they are only making it worse by doing this.

• Universal in Orlando are using this absurd system described above. It was dreadful in June when I took my 12 year old son who has Autism. He actually ended up having to wait longer. Never Again!

49. I think that it’s time for folks to use the power of their voices.
    We made our son’s dream come true a month ago by going to Disneyland. We had to save up for a year and even then, we had to work along the way in order to make the long drive and pay for the costs associated with travel.
    We used the Guest Assistance Pass and it made Disneyland possible (when I was worried that we would be spending money we don’t have to go in, see a few things, and leave). We’re not alone and my heart filled with joy as we noticed other families with kids on the spectrum (because of Awesometism, we seem to become acutely aware of other kids & people with special needs).
    I did, however, notice that it was too easy for us to get the Guest Assistance Pass. Sure, our son was with us, and sure… it’s a no-brainer that this kiddo is very special… but I felt that this system must totally be getting abused because it was just too easy.
    I think that Disneyland needs to really open a dialog with the community. I think that sharing our stories and doing things like petitions, and thoughtfully conveying our own stories, may be the key to success?
    If we cannot inspire someone’s heart in this huge Disney empire, then we can collectively represent something near and dear to their hearts… Money. So, today I am starting with our family Facebook page {facebook.com/upsidedowner} and will be writing about it on our family blog, as well as filling out the Disneyland Guest Survey, and will start to spread the word.
    If everyone helps get the word out, hopefully we can help to bring about a solution that is viable for everyone!
    I have NO problems making the acquisition of the pass more difficult to get. We have documentation for miles and miles (as do many families like ours). Showing the documentation must be key. Perhaps THAT alone would reduce the abuse of this system?
    Let’s work together!

50. I am disabled also disney has always gone above and beyond. Because odf the abuse they are going to the same system many other parks in the area use. Dont be mad at disney be thankful for all the good times we have had. According to the law they did not have to do what they did for so many years…. thank you disney

51. As an annual passholder with a brother with autism, I am outraged by this new system. I have created a change.org petition to have it changed, please sign it and let our voices be heard

52. I happily provided a letter from our girls doctors stating all of their problems and specific services that would help them greatly. They barely looked at it, and gave us a pass. Perhaps they should ask for a letter from a doctor, ask for an id, the child’s id, etc. I think the program could have been overhauled without screwing over a lot of needy families.
    To me, the women in the expose should have been accused of fraud.
    I guess our trips to Disney are over.
    I did write Disney and advised them of my disgust for their new program. I hope many more parents do the same!

53. Mom Of Twin Boys says:

How about creating some sort of special needs family registry so that families can register ahead of time and get some sort of pass with valid photo idea upon entering the park? This would also help avoid the interrogation we have to go through when explaining our need for the pass. It would all be documented ahead of time and an appropriate pass could be given according to each families needs. Just a thought.

54. I called Disneyland guest services, and they said this information on this site is incorrect. The pass is staying as it has been.

• When making our reservations for October, we were informed of the change. I also have a friend that works there who confirmed it as well. It goes into effect beginning October of this year.

55. I am appalled by this decision and more appalled by the negative comments left on this thread! Perhaps if we could change places with the assholes who think our walk in the park is easier than theirs, then let karma give them a disability so they know what it’s like! I’m sure we would gladly change places with them and wait in the lineups like everyone else! For all you pricks who left negative comments and are healthy and don’t have disabilities, get your head out of your ass and have some compassion for those who do!!!

56. So disappointing. Many folks with disabilities simply don’t have all day at the park. My husband is disabled and there is just no way he could be there from open to close. In a few hours, we could get through several attractions and head home with the current system. Going forward, we pay for a full day to ride only a ride or two and go home – which means my son doesn’t get to do much or does it without dad. I guess it may be technically “unfair” to others for them to have to wait longer, but if not for my DH, I would happily wait knowing personally how difficult it is for families in this situation and I’m fairly certain 95% of others would agree, if asked. Here’s hoping Disney comes to their senses and keeps these magical experiences available for families that need it.

57. Ok, I’m genuinely confused…. Can’t families just get fast passes?

58. Exactly. Personally, I wouldn’t know what to do with a “typical” child. Thankfully our son’s meltdowns don’t last as long as they used to. However, he’s turned to self-harm instead. So, telling him that we are going to go check out x, and then turning to go do y and z first doesn’t go well for us. Just as relieving is the fact that he LOVES all things Disney, and isn’t that huge on most of the rides. If it’s too fast or too high, he won’t ride. He LOVES the shows and slow rides though. This new pass plan will prevent us from being able to ride his favorite rides more than once though.

59. Ok Im sorry but I have to say something on here. I think people LOVE to use their childs diagnosis to “get what they want”. Now if your child is SOO horrible about waiting and throws tantrums, there’s an easy fix…don’t take them. My son is 5 and has autism(before you go with your “all holier than now” B.S. you can stop right there). We do not have the ‘luxury’ of taking our child to DW or DL because we simply cant handle the stress nor have the money to do so. How about instead of whining about how life is “unfair for your *disabled* child”, think about how *lucky* you are to afford it… I don’t agree with “Just because I SAY he’s *disabled* we get a free pass to skip others who have the same problems” because well that’s just selfish on YOUR part. If you know your child will act out no matter WHAT the reason then 1. Don’t take them sooooooo many times (and force others to bow to YOUR wants, because we all know the kids don’t really understand it in the first place. and 2. Quit acting like you are *entitled* to ANYTHING in this world because your child “Has a disability”. Im surprised that ANY theme park allows this quite honestly because so many people LOVE to ‘claim’ they have issues when in fact they are SELFISH!

Get over yourselves and be thankful that you have something like this at your disposal….

• Wow Amy. I find it alarming that as a fellow special needs parent your attitude is so angry and judgmental. It’s rather sad, actually. No one is claiming that their ability to go to Disneyland isn’t wonderful in and of itself. You’re right. It’s damn expensive and those of us who can afford to go once in a while (or make monthly payments on annual passes like my family has done in the past) are lucky to be able to do that. Actually, luck has very little to do with it. More like careful budgeting and saving. We don’t take family vacations for instance, because right now, traveling as a family is very hard with our son’s various medical issues. So we use whatever money we may have spent on a vacation and spend it at Disneyland, which is a mere 7 miles away from our home. We love Disneyland, but more importantly, our special needs son loves Disneyland. His favorite characters are there and the world he so treasures through movies and books comes to life. Part of the reason this has worked so well for our family is the GAC program. It made Disneyland, our true one and only family “treat,” doable in a way that gave our family lasting memories. Why should we feel bad about that? Get over ourselves? What does that even mean? Do you know why we are upset? Because we love Disney and if the accessibility program changes, we won’t be able to go anymore. That’s a bummer. And I don’t bleeping feel bad for feeling that way. This isn’t an attitude of entitlement. We are paying customers. We live in a time when accessibility and accommodation should be second nature for our society, when individuals who truly need them HAVE THEM WITHOUT HAVING TO BEG FOR THEM. When my son is in his wheelchair, should I feel grateful when his chair fits inside a bathroom stall? Should I feel grateful that he’s allowed in public even though he flaps his arms or makes silly sounds with his mouth? NO. Instead I think, WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO BETTER? We should ALL BE THINKING THAT WAY. What kind of world do you want your child to inherit? You sound like a rude, condescending lady with a ginormous chip on her shoulder. YOU get over YOURSELF.

• Wow, Amy! I almost feel sorry for you.. And I agree completely with Jo. My daughter is very severe, non verbal, in a wheelchair, medical issues, etc, etc, etc. First of all, let me say, that I would love to give my daughter a typical life of any kind. Well, since I can’t do that, I can only try to give her as much experience and enjoyment as I can in this world like anyone else. My daughter doesn’t understand a lot, but she does (barely) understand a few things that are very simple. She knows Mickey Mouse because we constantly talk about him, she has stuff animals and watches his program on Disney every morning. She gets a smile on her face when we talk about him, when I say she is going to go see him. She laughs and smiles watching him on TV. She knows that Disneyland is a fun place because when we go, we always talk about it months out. Does she really understand exactly what Disneyland is? Probably not, but she knows its a place she likes and feels the excitement we put out getting ready to go, planning for it. I also know which characters she likes by her body language and which ones she doesn’t. So don’t think that these children don’t understand things because they understand so much more than what people give them credit for and definitely MORE than what your giving them! My daughter loves adventures when done appropriately for her. She actually has tremors from expressing her excitement. My daughter can not walk at all, nor can she sit on her own, so she has to be in a wheelchair. My daughter is not Autistic, but has Autistic like qualities. My daughter does have about 7 different diagnoses, but I have never been asked what her diagnosis is when going to Disneyland. Its quite obvious and there is no way she can fake it! You make it sound like we should just keep our kids at home, locked up inside and not try to give them a life like everyone else can! That makes me sick! Yes, we have a TON of restrictions, but we deal with them, we work around them to make her life as enjoyable as possible with what she can do!! My daughter goes to school, we go for long walks when its appropriate for her, when the weather is just right (when there isn’t too much of a breeze, chill, too hot), she loves to go shopping. She loves to come with me on my volunteer shifts out on marine life tours when the loads are low (meaning not very many people coming), We don’t let much get in our way, but we do it at her pace, her mood, her health, etc. I want my daughter to have the best life as she can. I live on an extremely tight budget, but planning and saving allows for little outings, allows for Disney once a year, sometimes only every other year. I am also a single mother with no other help.. It is just her and I, and we couldn’t have a happier life! I will say one more thing: my daughter graduates from high school this year and I just found out she gets to go through the regular ceremony as all the other kids at her school. Boy, that makes me nervous because I have no idea how she will do, but you know, I am so excited I get happy tears every time I think about it, why? because I NEVER thought she would have a typical graduation!! So, we will plan for it, we will start talking daily about it two months out, and we will HOPE for the BEST!! We will do everything we can to get her through that ceremony, and if she can only do half of it, then great, but at least we tried! So, GET OVER YOURSELF, because I am definitely not hung up on myself so I think you were talking about you! Good luck to you in life! You need it.

60. How does this system not work for you. Go to the booth, get a card, and don’t go near the ride until your time is up. Your son will be fine since by the time he sees the ride, you will be going on. Disney is expensive for everyone and we all have to justify it even with not getting on as many rides as we want to bc of the lines. This new system is fair while still accomadating special needs.

61. Mayra Müggenburg says:

There is a better way to do it without affecting children with special needs

62. DebraLynn Ambrose says:

Don’t be outraged at Disney. Be outraged at the people who abused the system. I understand your disappointment and frustration, and no, it’s not fair to you and your family. But when a major corporation like Disney gets hit with stories about people who “sell” their disability courtesies, of course they are going to react with drastic changes. It’s a shame that it’s always the innocent who suffer at the hands of system abusers.

63. Certainly I like your website, but you need to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to inform you. Nevertheless I

Trackbacks

1. [...] Disney to end Guest Assistance Pass [...]

2. [...] Guest Assistance Card Program to End at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure by Special Needs Orange County [...]

3. [...] to wait on line in the interim.  The change came about because of reported abuse of the system, including families hiring people with disabilities to whisk them through lines. Autism Speaks was consulted on the new [...]

4. [...] the story broke last week that Disney is ending its Guest Assistance Card program and implementing a new Disabled Assistance System in its place, plenty of opinions have found there way onto this and other sites. People have plenty to say from [...]